Vermilion Energy is a publicly traded oil and gas producer out of Canada. The company is involved with oil and natural gas exploration and production in North America, Europe and Australia. The company’s stock is traded on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges under the symbol VET. They currently pay a monthly dividend on outstanding shares.
Vermilion Energy was first given life in 1994 as Vermilion Resources Ltd. In April of 1996, they company was taken public on the Alberta Stock Exchange. After converting to Vermilion Energy Trust in 2002, they converted back to a publicly trade corporation after 10 years and shortened the name to Vermilion Energy.
A large part of the company’s Canadian operations are centered on the West Pembina/Drayton Valley region of Alberta and the Northgate Region of southeast Saskatchewan. From the West Pembina region, Vermilion Energy is working on three special products: Cardium light oil, Mannville liquids-rich gas and Duvernay liquids-rich gas.
On the international front, the company has ongoing projects in the Powder River Basin of northeastern Wyoming, France, The Netherlands, Germany and an offshore oilfield in off the northwest coast of Australia. They first entered in the Wandoo, Australia project by purchasing 60% of the project’s assets in 2005. They eventually followed up and purchased the remaining 40% in 2007.
Vermilion Energy’s main headquarters in locate in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. They are led by Lorenzo Donadeo, Chair, Anthony Marino, Pres, CEO, Curtis W. Hicks, CFO and Michael Kaluza”, COO. The group is made up of over 516 employees, who are operating all over the world. For the fiscal year ended 2015, Vermilion Energy reported revenues of C$939.6 million, which translated into net of C$217.3 million after depreciation and write-offs. For the same period ended, the company showed net assets of C$4,2 billion on the books.